WRTC2014 qualifier is the Russian DX Contest and it is preparation time for this 24 hour event. It is world wide where one scores points for each contact going into the log that is --Multipliers are --
- Russian station counts 10 points.
- In country station counts 2 points.
- Different country same continent counts 3 points.
- Different continent counts 5 points.
- Multiplier of 1 for each different oblast successfully logged.
- Multiplier of 1 for each different country (DXCC entity plus WAE multiplier list).
Let's keep in mind, WRTC2014 will be held in New England and each qualifier beings to carry significant weight as the championship draws closer. My goal is to improve my standing within 6-land to the point of making the Top 100 list in California. Likewise, each participant has point value, the event opens up opportunities at advancing one's oblast count to include DXCC Diamond Challenge as well.
Take a look at North American results because activity in the Russian DX Contest is extremely popular. Likewise, be familiar with the rules, there are multiple categories to choose from to include the use of spotting networks for single operator all band (SOAB) entrants as well.
The WRTC2014 qualifying season with international scope is underway and don't miss this opportunity at improving one's WRTC ranking as well. I hope to see you in the RadioSport log until then...