I like this type of RadioSport event between the majors. And this weekend the North American QSO Party [NAQP] version CW pumps our ionosphere. The fun dimension in NAQP? Everyone operates no more than 100-watts. Propagation has a big hand well propagation always has a big hand in any contest.
Morse code speed is not a fun disqualifier. If one is 5 words-per-minute turn on, tune, and operate. The objective is spectrum activity.
- Have fun.
- Beat last year's Q-count.
- Push my listening skill.
- Call CQ into my sub-optimal wire antenna system.
- Less search and pounce.
- Maximize single-operator 2 VFO (SO2V) operation.
- Post on-going score at Live Amateur Radio Contest Scores.
- Have a lot of ham radio fun.
Hope to see members of RadioSport Nation in the contest log. Remember, before any RadioSport event, review the rules (link).
P.S. My FriendFeed aggregator channeled several YouTube ham radio contest videos for viewing pleasure on the blog. Feel free to click in and watch.