Sweepstakes is fun. I can compete against a set of goals. This year I want to concentrate on improving my operating skills. It is well within my reach and easily quantifiable. Results either at the kilowatt or low power level are measurable and difficult, achievable goals in the short-to-medium time frame keeps me in the game.
My goal(s) are:
- Have a lot of ham radio fun this weekend.
- Reduce my UBN error rate by 2-percent.
- Concentrate on the exchange.
- Best my 109 Q count from last year.
- Defeat my overall score from last year.
- Operate the first 12-hours of the event.
My operating strategy includes using the advantage of my antenna system on the low bands when calling CQ and search/pounce on the higher bands. Let's face it, going signal-to-signal on 20m during the opening hours of the event, well, my logs suggest another tactic. Perhaps, with our sunspot count, 15m will produce plenty of activity from coast-to-coast this weekend.
I need to eat supper and continue making preparations for Sweepstakes. Best results to everyone. Good luck. Kick butt!
Pour on the CQ.
SFI = 71 | A-index = 0 | K-index = 0 | Sunspot count = 15 @ 0006UTC.