The weekend is soon approaching and I'm thinking about the ARRL International DX CW contest. I ran 25-watts into a random wire last year and had a blast at the bottom of the solar cycle. My antenna system going into the 2008 running is a doublet and I'm now operating at 45-watts. Who knows what the Ham Radio fun meter will do this weekend? But, I can bet a dit for dah, that the needle will peg deep into the fun zone.
ARRL International DX CW 2008 Goals.
- Have fun is my #1 priority this weekend.
- Work as much DX as humanly possible.
- Score a few new counters for DXCC.
- Call CQ more often.
- Follow the MUF.
- Practice good sportsmanship and gamesmanship throughout.
- And did I mention have fun? Yes, fun and run!
I'm sure Stadium Earth fans will follow the megatron over at Live Amateur Radio Scores and/or listen to anyone live audio streaming as well. Let's not forget RadioSport WebCams.
The ARRL International DX CW 2008 is an event one doesn't want to miss and I'm looking forward to the CW action this weekend. It's DX GALORE.