The preliminary NA Sprint CW results for September 2007 are posted at the National Contest Journal. Sprint pushed my operating skills to the maximum and rates as one of the best. Where did KA3DRR place as a Level-3 station (Scot, K9JY) whose antenna system comprises all-wire at less than optimal height and wavelength?
One hundred and seventy one logs are on the preliminary list and W6YI operated by N6MJ who submitted 363 -Qs for a total score of 15,928 is number one, overall.
- There on 102 high-power (HP) logs, 62 low-power (LP) logs, and 7 QRP logs.
- When sorting LP only KA9FOX who submitted 263 -Qs for a total score of 11,572 is number one.
- For the QRP category, KC5R submitted 178 -Qs for a total score of 6,942 points is number one.
LP entrants comprised 36.2% of the total logs submitted whereas QRP entrants comprise 4.1% and 59.6% of the logs fell into the (HP) category.
- Eight in the 15k range (15,928 - 15,030) (8HP).
- Eight in the 14 k range (14,715 - 14,018) (8HP).
- Twelve in the 13k range (13,760 - 13,019) (12HP).
- Fifteen in the 12k range (12,980 - 12,169) (15HP).
- Fifteen in the 11k range (11,886 - 11,088) (11HP) (4LP)
- Sixteen in the 10k range (10,922 - 10,032) (13HP) (3LP).
- Twelve in the 9k range (9,954 - 9,020) (7 HP) (5LP).
- Twelve in the 8k range (8,880 - 8,064) (8HP)(4LP).
- Six in the 7k range (7,854 - 7,280) (2HP)(4LP).
- Nine in the 6k range (6,981 - 6,027) (4HP)(4LP)(1QRP).
- Eight in the 5k range (5,811 - 5,092) (3HP)(4LP)(1QRP) .
- Five in the 4k range (4,968 - 4,318) (2HP)(3LP).
- Twelve in the 3k range (3,944 - 3,008) (3HP)(6LP)(3QRP).
- Nine in the 2k range (2,976 - 2,070) (1HP)((8LP).
- Ten in the 1k range (1,988 - 1,150) (3HP)(5LP)(2QRP).
- Fourteen in the less than 1K range (738 - 16) (2HP)(12LP)
Fascinating distribution of station power to score, noting, the top of the Sprint HP pyramid ranged from 15,928 to 12,169 points (n = 43). The first LP station's broke into the scoring distribution within the 11k range lead by KA9FOX (n = 4). In addition, HP stations progressively drop as one descends the base of the Sprint pyramid. At the base one discovers the greatest number of LP stations (n = 12).
Hypothetically, there maybe a positive relationship between LP entrants (n = 12) in the less than 1K range and, station level -3 and -4 as well as entry-level to Sprint contesting.
- 158th out of 171 in the overall sort.
- 51st out of 62 in the LP sort.
In conclusion, when Sprint 2008 rolls around in February, I can gauge my performance against benchmarks while monitoring my Sprint skill development into the future.
73 from the shack.
National Contest Journal (2007). September 2007 CW Sprint Preliminary Results. Retrieved on October 12, 2007 from http://www.ncjweb.com/sprintcwprelim.php.
Scot, K9JY (2007). Contesting to the fourth level. Retrieved on October 12, 2007 from http://k9jy.com/blog/2007/10/10/contesting-to-the-fourth-level-station/#comments.